Thursday, March 17, 2016

ST. PATRICKS DAY!!! Strawberries!!

Its St. Patrick's day!!!! I love this holiday! It is a great opportunity for me to celebrate my mission in Scotland! Sure it is a holiday for Ireland, but I celebrate it my own way :D What I love about dipped strawberries is you can do them for any holiday!!!
Going along with today's theme of taking time for ourselves today and making ourselves better, I made chocolate dipped strawberries with the hubby! We all need to take some time to detox and relax. We can all do this in different ways, just as long as we relax and not worry about things. For you this could be a movie. It could be a face mask. JUST DO SOMETHING!!

Making chocolate dipped strawberries is actually really easy, and it is a good gift! I am going to break it down to basic, easy to follow steps! Enjoy!

1. First things first, go through the container to make sure there are no bad strawberries. The last thing your gonna want is a bad strawberry covered in chocolate. I know lots of people say you can make anything taste good if its dipped in chocolate...... ha ha no. :D I also leave the leafy part on top, on so you have something to hold on to as you dip.

2. There are two ways of melting your chocolate. 1) get 2 pots, one pot of bowling water on the stove and another pot for the chocolate. Put the pot of chocolate on the bowling water and let it melt while string it. 2) microwave it in a safe bowl. We did the boiling water route! We also used semi sweet chips to make it a little bit healthier.
3. Get out a baking sheet and put parchment paper on to make sure it doesn't stick. (We don't have parchment paper... so we just put them on the non stick surface :D.) After the strawberries are dry and the chocolate is melted and slightly cooled, dip them! Make sure to cover all the sides.
4. Decorate them as you wish! We had some mini dark chocolate chips and sprinkles! :D Then we got white chocolate chips, melted them and put green food dye in it. The decorating part has to be the funniest..... other than eating them!

My hubby decorating!

My attempt at a four leaf clover

His finished smiley :D

They were so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment